1. Professional membership: Every librarian , information professional with a minimum qualification of a degree in Library and Information studies, Records Management, Archives Administration, and other related fields.
2. Paraprofessional membership: Every information professional with a qualification below a bachelor's degree in Library and Information Science or related fields.
3. Student membership: Persons still pursuing studies in Library and Information science or related.
4. Associate membership: Every person or group interested in the promotion of the library and information profession.
5. Institutional membership: Local or overseas institutions, organisations, corporate bodies, associations or groups interested in library and information profession.
6. Honorary membership: The membership conferred upon a person , an institution , organisation or association on account of outstanding contribution to the library and information profession.